The Top SEO Ebooks of 2017
With the rise of digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is now a fundamental ingredient for any good online marketing strategy. The complexities of good SEO may make it seem daunting. However, knowing the basics gives business owners and both new as well as seasoned marketers a great place to start. There are a lot of seo ebook resources available for learning about SEO, and not all of them are worth your time. So, we’ve done the digging for you. Here are five of our favorite free SEO ebooks for 2017.
This fourteen chapter SEO ebook from eMarketing Institute is a true guide for beginners. If you’re just getting started learning about SEO, this is an ebook for you. It starts with an overview of what you’ll learn. Subsequent chapters clearly explain the basics of search engine optimization. First, you’ll learn the basics of SEO and keyword research. Next, you’ll dive in to the basics of friendly website design and development. You’ll also learn how search engine ranking works. A rundown of recent search engine algorithm changes and the resulting affects to SEO is also included. From basic definitions to explanations of best practices, this guide has everything that a beginner needs to know. It even includes sample questions, examples, and a glossary of important terms for reference. Here’s a list of what each chapter includes.
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
- Understanding Search Engines
- Search Engine Friendly Website Design and Development
- Basics of Keyword Research
- Google Rankings
- Google Panda and Other Algorithm Updates
- Link Building
- Search Engine Tools and Services for Webmasters
- Steps to Optimize Your Website
- SEO Recommendations
- Search Engine Optimization Glossary
- Sample Questions
Written by Rand Fishkin and the staff over at Moz, this SEO ebook is an excellent guide for beginners or anyone who might need a refresher on the basics of SEO. This ten chapter guides covers everything the reader needs to know in order to implement quality SEO strategies. Plus, it has some really nice graphics that help to break up the text, making it very readable. The introduction provides a quick overview of what SEO is and why you need it. Here’s what the subsequent chapters review.
- How search engines operate
- How people interact with search engines
- Why search engine marketing is necessary
- The basics of search engine friendly design and development
- Keyword research
- How usability, experience, and content affect rankings
- Growing popularity and links
- Search engine tools and services
- Myths and misconceptions about search engines
- Measuring and tracking success
This ebook on SEO Basics includes a few different elements of SEO than some of the other ebooks that are currently available. It not only reviews the basics of search engine optimization, it also includes more in depth discussions about important aspects of SEO that beginners might not know about. Some of these discussions include how to monitor your website’s search engine rankings, how to build site maps, and how to build URLs. Here’s a list of what’s included.
- SEO Basics
- Determine and Monitor Your Search Standings
- Research Keywords and Know Where They Go
- Know How to Use Internal Links
- Create a Site Map
- Make Search Friendly URLs
- Know What to Avoid
- Using Image Descriptions
- Make Sure You have Fresh Content
- Use Social Media and Technology
This SEO ebook from Hubspot includes some great advice from six top SEO experts. This ebook is a good resource for beginners as well as for seasoned digital marketers. It provides, tips, advice, best practices, examples, and more on SEO. Here’s some of what you’ll learn.
- Greg Shuey from Stryde offers ideas regarding on-page SEO techniques. He walks you through the basics for understanding on-page SEO. He also gives you a good rundown of the dos and don’ts. His analysis of the core components of on-page SEO is thorough and easy to understand even for people who are learning about SEO for the first time
- Erik Devany from Hubspot provides helpful tips for understanding off-page SEO.
- Anum Hussain from Hubspot will help you to understand the fundamentals of keywords, which you definitely need if you’re trying to learn about SEO. Hussain goes through the basics of keywords step by step. He also provides great explanations for how Google has changed with regards to keywords. Finally, he concludes with solid information about tracking your success too.
- Stephanie Chang from Distilled will teach you the best practices for link building. She gives a good introduction on what link building is and why it’s important. Following her intro, she details the wrong and right ways to build links. Her in depth tutorial is very helpful, especially for those new to link building.
- Dharmesh Shah from Hubspot offers his tips for using SEO to influence your social media strategies. He provides a step by step guide on why how to use social media for inbound marketing.
- Rand Fishkin from Moz provides insights on search engine ranking. He offers a brief overview on how search engine ranking has changes. He also provides advice on how to implement new approaches to ranking strategies.
Web Full Circle’s new SEO ebook simply explains how creating effective content can boost your rankings, making you more visible in your industry and setting you apart from your competitors. Learn why SEO is important and how you can optimize your content with just four simple steps.
- Identifying Your Target Market
Learn why understanding your audience, who they are and how they search for your products or services, is essential to creating a strong SEO Campaign.
- Generating Inbound Conversions
Learn how to use targeted, actionable content to convert your website visitors into customers.
- Creating a Content Plan
Learn how updating your website regularly with unique original content will maximize your digital footprint.
- Embracing Thought Leadership
Learn how high quality SEO campaigns not only increase your brand recognition, but also promote your brand as a reputable industry leader.